Tuesday 24 August 2010

Check out the new US craft beers arriving this week!

I've been bouncing up and down, giddy with excitement, waiting for this bloody delivery to arrive, I'm telling you! A couple of months back I had a really good chat with one of our beer importers, and asked if we could get hold of some American craft beers that they don't normally stock. Something a bit different, a bit more special, and just a general broadening of our range was the idea really. I wanted anything good quality, that was unusual, interesting, and tasty. We talked it over, and he got back to me with a list of stuff I might fancy stocking, and I went bananas when I saw what we could get. The full list of new American craft beers arriving at The Wineyard later this week is below, and YES (!), we can deliver mixed cases (24 bottles, and multiples of) to UK customers! E-mail Ben@thewineyard.co.uk with what you'd be interested in buying, and I'll let you know the price once they're in stock and set up on our system. As a guide, most of the entry level type beers will be in the £2-3/bottle bracket, and the rarer stuff probably anything from £5-10+ depending on what it is.

A lot of these are really hard to find in the UK, if at all, and I only ordered fairly small amounts with there being so many different ones to go at (I think I've turned a few hairs white at the warehouse when they saw it all turn up anyway). Some of it is simply fantastic quality beer, and others are what I would describe as heroin for beer geeks. The Flying Dog Barrel Aged Gonzo & Dog Schwarz are getting my pulse racing in particular (Barry's right, I need to get a life). I have no idea when we'll be able to get more delivered if they're popular, so be very quick about getting what you want reserved before it goes out. There's only 1-2 cases of most of these. Oh, and we have 6 shiny Flying Dog glasses to give away free to the first six customers who order a mixed case.

The Beers

Other US stuff in stock
If you're interested in getting a mixed case put together for collection or delivery, get in touch via email (Ben@thewineyard.co.uk) or Twitter to discuss it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment